Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics / Technicians
About Falcon Equipment:
We are a thriving network of Heavy Equipment Professionals, specializing in the areas of Lifting, Municipal and Rail Solutions. Since 1988, we have grown to become Western Canada’s premier choice for heavy-duty truck equipment and a leading provider/dealer of mobile crane (articulating and telescopic) solutions. We are looking for outstanding individuals like you to add to our growing force.
About the Opportunity:
Falcon Equipment has multiple opportunities for Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics / Technicians in the Surrey Port Kells Industrial Area which is a perfect location for anyone living in and around the BC Lower Mainland. In these roles, you will work day shifts Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and you might also be interested in our 4 – 10 hour day evening shift from Monday to Thursday 3:30 pm to 2:00 am where every weekend is a long weekend!
These positions are part of our busy Service, Installation/New Build or Rail Departments, responsible for:
- Installing and assembling equipment and supporting systems
- Performing maintenance, repairs and testing on our customers’ various types of equipment focusing on truck-mounted cranes and a variety of municipal and rail equipment
- Completing some minor fabrication work
- Performing other duties as required
Our ideal candidates will have:
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with heavy equipment installations and/or maintenance
- Their Red Seal Certification as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician / Mechanic
- Or will be in their 3rd or 4th year of their apprenticeship with related heavy equipment experience
- Strong hydraulic and electrical experience and knowledge
- Solid mechanical skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and read schematics
- The ability to maneuver in and around heavy equipment
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- The ability to work independently
- Your own tools
- Forklift certification
- A welding ticket and/or experience is a definite asset
- A Class 5 driver’s license with air endorsement would also be an asset
About the Benefits:
The successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive salary, based on their skills and experience. In addition, they’ll also receive access to a wide range of company paid benefits, including:
- 100% prescription coverage and paramedical coverage
- 100% basic dental coverage
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- Employee family assistance program
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation available in the first year of employment
- RRSP/DPSP plan with matching contribution by the company
- Premiums if you hold a current occupational first aid ticket
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities for training and development
- Non-unionized environment
- Balanced work/life with casual and fun professional atmosphere
- Social events including summer cook-offs, lunches and seasonal parties
Come join our Falcon Family and don’t miss this great opportunity to grow your career with a dynamic organization that cares about its’ people! Apply today!
Falcon Equipment is an equal opportunity employer.
* We thank all interested applicants; however, only those under consideration shall be contacted.