heavy duty equipment technicians / mechanics
- Use your heavy equipment expertise and take the next step in your career
- Join a friendly close-knit team that values work/life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a great host of benefits
About Falcon Equipment:
For the past 30 years, we’ve lived, ate, and breathed truck equipment!
Since 1988, we have grown to become Western Canada’s premier choice for heavy-duty truck equipment and a leading provider/dealer of mobile crane (articulating and telescopic) solutions.
We pride ourselves on providing customized creations to meet any truck equipment need and are committed to safety and Lifting, Municipal and Rail Equipment innovation. From installation, service, fabrication and parts, we strive to Lift Expectations for our customers!
To be Falcon Strong #falconstrong is to be a part of a trained tactical unit that inspires innovation in the creation of highly-sophisticated machines. We are a thriving network of Heavy Equipment Professionals, specializing in the areas of Lifting, Municipal and Rail Solutions. Our presence is spreading, and communities throughout Western Canada are catching wind of our customized creations. As a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals like you to add to our growing force.
About the Opportunities:
Falcon Equipment has multiple opportunities for Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians and Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics in the Surrey Port Kells Industrial Area which is a perfect location for anyone living in and around the BC Lower Mainland. In these roles, you will work day shifts Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and you might also be interested in our 4 – 10 hour day evening shift from Monday to Thursday 3:30 pm to 2:00 am where every weekend is a long weekend!
As a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, you will be part of our Installation Department, responsible for installing and assembling equipment and supporting systems, including truck-mounted cranes and a variety of municipal and rail equipment, completing some minor fabrication, and performing other duties as required.
As a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic in our Service Department, your main responsibilities will be performing maintenance, repairs and testing on our customers’ various types of municipal and rail equipment focusing on the truck-mounted cranes and their support systems.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with heavy equipment installations and/or maintenance
- Their Red Seal Certification as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician / Mechanic
- Or will be in their 3rd or 4th year of their apprenticeship with related heavy equipment experience
You will also possess:
- Strong hydraulic and electrical experience and knowledge
- Solid mechanical skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and read schematics
- The ability to maneuver in and around heavy equipment
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- The ability to work independently
- Your own tools
- Forklift certification
- A welding ticket and/or experience as a definite asset
- A Class 5 driver’s license with air endorsement would also be an asset
About the Benefits:
The successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive salary, based on their skills and experience. In addition, they’ll also receive access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- 100% prescription coverage and paramedical coverage
- 100% basic dental coverage
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- Employee family assistance program
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation available in the first year of employment
- RRSP/DPSP plan with 3% matching contribution by the company
- Premiums if you hold a current occupational first aid ticket
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities for training and development
You will be welcomed into our Falcon team that is akin to a family. Our non-unionized environment is one where our team works hard and plays hard and strikes the perfect balance between casual yet professional. We value work/life balance and support our team to achieve this and often enjoy social events together throughout the year.
Don’t miss this opportunity to grow your career with a dynamic organization that cares about its’ people! Apply today!
For more information on Falcon Equipment, or to apply online, please visit our website at www.falconequip.com. Please attach your resume and enter Job ID 2019FAL022 in the subject line.
Falcon Equipment is an equal opportunity employer.
* We thank all interested applicants; however, only those under consideration shall be contacted.