Shop Helper / General Labourer – Heavy Equipment
To be Falcon Strong is to be a part of a trained tactical unit that inspires innovation in the creation of highly-sophisticated machines. We are a thriving network of Heavy Equipment Professionals, specializing in the areas of Lifting, Municipal and Rail Solutions. Our presence is spreading, and communities throughout Western Canada are catching wind of our customized creations. As a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals like you to add to our growing force.
Falcon Equipment is currently seeking a Shop Helper / General Labourer for our Fabrication Shop located in the Port Kells industrial area of Surrey, BC. If you are motivated and looking for that position to jump start your career in trades then this is it!
- Assist the Welders/Fabricators on the shop floor
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop
- Moving tools, equipment and other materials
- Cleaning work areas and equipment
- Sorting and picking of parts
- Performing shipping/receiving duties, as required
- Parts runs, washing equipment, making hoses
- General yard cleanup and maintenance
- Other duties as required
- Previous general labourer or shop helper experience in a similar environment would be preferred
- Pre-apprentice training in a heavy equipment environment with aspirations towards a career in trades would be an asset
- Possess a proven mechanical aptitude and a keen interest in heavy equipment
- Welding experience would be considered an asset
- Valid driver's license required
- Must have own vehicle for parts runs (pick-ups and deliveries)
- Forklift experience is required (recertification will be provided if necessary)
- Ability to lift at least 80 lbs. as the work will be physical on a regular basis
- Must have own steel-toed boots
- Must be a hard worker, self-motivated with organization and cleanliness being the key focus
About the Benefits:
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate, based on their skills and experience. In addition, they’ll also receive access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- 100% prescription and paramedical coverage
- 100% basic dental coverage
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- Employee family assistance program
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation available in the first year of employment
- RRSP/DPSP plan with 3% matching contribution by the company
- Premiums if you hold a current occupational first aid ticket
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities for training and development
You will be welcomed into our Falcon team that is akin to a family. Our non-unionized environment is one where our team works hard and plays hard and strikes the perfect balance between casual yet professional. We value work/life balance and support our team to achieve this and often enjoy social events together throughout the year.
For more information on Falcon Equipment, or to apply online, please visit our website at www.falconequip.com. Please include Job ID 2021FAL015 in the subject line.
Falcon Equipment is an equal opportunity employer.
* We thank all interested applicants; however, only those under consideration shall be contacted.